Mornings are all about get up and go don’t you find, and during the Winter months in particular a really good way to be tempted out of the doona covers is with a warm, cozy bowl of porridge.
Of course we would never describe ourselves as fussy, but we want this porridge to be a warm bowl of delicious goodness, am I right?
One that is not only balancing and satisfying but also keeps on giving during the day to our beautiful bods and moods.
One that can stabilize blood sugar levels, as well as one that can support a healthy heart, good blood circulation, mitochondrial energy, and cellular structure!
How about a porridge that is good for our bones and joints whilst also balancing electrolytes, contributing to our hydration levels and fighting free radicals at the same time?
Finally, just in case you need a last little nudge to sample this breakfast jewel, what if it could also assist with dynamic brain function and encourage calming, stabilized moods?
Thanks to the wonderful hemp and chia seeds that play a starring role, ably supported by the coconut and cinnamon, this porridge is the real deal! All of the above scientific processes will be happening for you throughout the day, thanks to this beautiful little nutritional powerhouse bowl.
No need for gluten, high carbs, nuts or dairy here, just simple, pure goodness that will have you smiling on the inside long after the last mouthful.
Hemp Seed Porridge with Raspberries and Coconut
1/2 cup hemp seeds
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 tablespoon coconut flour
pinch sea salt
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon vanilla paste
2ooml coconut milk
1 tablespoon coconut yoghurt
¼ cup raspberries
1 tablespoon coconut flakes
- Place hemp seeds, chia seeds, coconut flour, sea salt, cinnamon and vanilla paste into a small saucepan.
- Add the coconut milk to the pan, place on the stovetop and bring to a gentle boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce to a simmer, cooking and stirring for 5-7 minutes until thickened.
- Spoon the porridge into a breakfast bowl, and top with a swirl of yogurt followed by scatterings of raspberries and coconut flakes.
- Dive in and enjoy!
Tips: * The first step can be done the night before and placed in the fridge, ready to heat on rising to keep the morning flowing beautifully!
* Another option is swapping the coconut milk for almond or macadamia milk if you prefer, or coconut cream if you like your porridge to have a really thick texture.